Much is being made by the media about Rick Perry’s supposed move to be the kinder, gentler Republican in the race for the GOP nomination for President. Perry’s announcement that he was “offended” by Donald Trump’s anti-Mexican remarks need to be met with a certain reality: Perry’s policies prove he is worse than Trump. Perry’s record speaks for itself:
- The DPS Border Surge in response to children escaping violence and poverty from Central America. (Failures all around)
- Cutting $4 billion from K-12 and $1 billion from higher education.
- Anti-Woman policies to close women’s health facilities.
- Attempts to keep Texans uninsured–would not support Medicaid expansion.
- And a whole lot more. We know what Rick Perry is all about–destroying Texas.
That’s the problem with the whole Donald Trump BS that has overtaken political news. While Trump will open his big mouth, there are candidates for the GOP nomination with a right-wing record who will now try to play nice offering worthless platitudes. What’s next? Public eating of Mexican food?
Anyway, at this point, it would seem that Rick Perry has as much of a chance for the nomination as Donald Trump (despite Trump’s rise in the polls). What we are seeing because of Trump are the true colors of some in the GOP, and the lengths to which some will go to gain political points; even by attempting to play nice despite the policies they promote. Ultimately, it’s policies that matter and we need to pay attention to the policies (and pronouncements) of every candidate.
You must be logged in to post a comment.