Nothing is more annoying than seeing liberal and/or Democratic activists and politicians portraying Trump’s madman of a signature on a document that really does nothing about the current human rights crisis as some sort of victory.
Our friends at Mijente posted six things you should know about the Trump executive order:
- DHS will receive more money to create new family prisons that will hold parents and children together, while the parents are being criminally prosecuted and while their deportation cases are pending.
- Given that criminal prosecutions and deportation cases of parents can take long periods of time, and that children are supposed to be detained along with their parents, Sessions will try to get the courts to grant him the ability to detain children indefinitely.
- Trump and Sessions will continue to implement their “Zero Tolerance” policy and prosecute everyone detained at the border.
- The Department of Defense will help provide spaces, like army bases, for these family prisons, and build new ones as needed. Other cabinet-level departments are being recruited to do the same.
- Sessions will be given more resources to deport families faster after they are prosecuted, and appropriate the funding if needed.
- The order does not speak to any families that have already been separated — and existing policies place the responsibility on parents to find their children in HHS custody and seek to reunite with them.
If if you don’t want to listen to us, then listen to Elizabeth Warren.
This isn’t over. Thousands of kids have been ripped from their parents with no plan to reunite them. And now @realdonaldtrump wants to create new detention camps for families. Separating kids is unacceptable – but indefinite imprisonment of families is still cruel & inhumane.
— Elizabeth Warren (@SenWarren) June 20, 2018
As political as this fight is, it’s about human beings. Yes, children are being placed in cages and in “licensed child care facilities” adorned with prison-style razor wire all around, but we’re also talking about families seeking asylum, having escaped violence and poverty in their home countries; and, which must be repeated for the allies in the back, IS NOT A CRIME! Therefore, children, moms, and dads should not be locked up while waiting for what is an administrative hearing–not a criminal court.
Trump and his ilk are experts at public relations. He’ll throw out one-liners to appease his followers and the Republican Party. Allies must learn NEVER to give-in to their rhetoric–any of it. And yesterday was just another example that made it seem like some thought this particular fight was suddenly over and that victory could be declared just to poke fun at Trump. No, the fight continues. Lives are at stake.
Pingback: No High Fives, Please | Camposcommunications' Blog