This had to be my most un-busy year in the last 12 years of blogging about local/state politics, culture, etc. By the end of 2017, I’ll be lucky to have written up to 75 posts for the year, with December being my busiest–on which I blame the 2018 Dem Primary.
The good thing is that these Top 10 of the year earned me thousands of views, lots of social media shares, a few complaints, lots of cool compliments (thanks, Campos!), and even a couple of threats (bodily injury and being reported to INS). Annoyances include friends who didn’t bother to share my posts, but are sharing obviously fake posts from sites with non-Spanish names. But that’s nothing new. Obviously, blogging can still be fun, although, my reasons for being un-busy are plentiful. I won’t bother explaining that, but I will continue to be a thorn in the side of candidates who are too willing to sell out entire constituencies in their quest to earn unattainable votes.
2018 will be my 13th year writing up stuff. Yes, DosCentavos will be a teenager. Perhaps a “treceañera” is in order so I can score some free drinks. Maybe a fajita taco? (I miss the good ol’ days when candidates offered up steak dinners.). In 2018, I expect to be busier and, as always, not fair and balanced.
Thanks to all who read, share, etc. Thanks to partners like Tejano Nation and local and national issues groups who share information, and to some of my favorite politicians and officeholders (you know who you are). Gracias!
“First they laugh, then they copy.”
- SB4 Passes Texas Senate Committee
- 38th Annual Festival Chicano
- It’s Election Season 2017 (Alief)
- DC Reviews: Joe Posada – Zapatos En La Mano
- Houston Texas House Members Send SB4 Letter to Houston Council
- Houston Texas Senators Send SB4 Letter to Harris County
- La Fiebre Rocks Proof Rooftop
- Sheriff Gonzalez Ends 287(g)
- Democratic Reaction to SB4 Passage
- DC Reviews: The Mavericks – Brand New Day