From the inbox:
HOUSTON – To address the collection of disaster debris created by Hurricane Harvey, the Solid Waste Management Department will be temporarily changing the City’s normal collection schedule. Neighborhood depositories will be open 7-days a week from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. until further notice.
STORM DEBRIS COLLECTION
Storm debris will be collected on an ongoing basis until further notice. Please place debris at the curb separated into the following piles:
- Vegetation – leaves, logs, plants, tree branches (do not bag).
- Construction & Demolition Material – carpet, drywall, furniture, lumber, mattresses
- Appliances – dishwashers, freezers, refrigerators, stoves, washers, water heaters
- Electronics – computers, radios, stereos, televisions, other devices with a cord.
- Household Hazardous Waste – cleaning supplies, batteries, lawn chemical, oils, oil-based paints, stains and pesticide
NEIGHBORHOOD DEPOSITORY LOCATIONS
- North – 9003 N Main 77022
- Northwest – 14400 Sommermeyer 77041
- Northeast – 5565 Kirkpatrick 77028
- Southeast – 2240 Central Street 77017
- South – 5100 Sunbeam 77033
- Southwest – 10785 SW Freeway 77074
No household garbage, electronics or household hazardous waste is accepted at the neighborhood depository locations. No pets are allowed on the premises.
Customers must provide the following at the Neighborhood Depository Locations*:
- A current Texas Driver’s license or State Issued I.D.
- A current utility bill or city property tax receipt
* Addresses and names on all presented documents must match and electronic records are NOT accepted. No proof of residency is required for recycling only.
Normal collection services will resume on the schedule as follows:
GARBAGE COLLECTION SCHEDULE
- Thurs., Aug. 31, 2017 – normal collection schedule
- Friday, Sept. 1, 2017 – normal collection schedule
- Mon., Sept. 4, 2017 – no collection for Labor Day
- Tues., Sept. 5, 2017 – Monday’s garbage will be collected
- Wed., Sept. 6, 2017 – Tuesday’s garbage will be collected
- Thurs., Sept. 7, 2017 – normal garbage schedule resumes
Curbside single stream recycling collection will be suspended until further notice. Customers may bring recyclables to neighborhood depository locations or the Westpark Recycling Center located at 5900 Westpark, Mon.-Sat., 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Closed Sept. 4for Labor Day.
YARD, JUNK, AND TREE WASTE COLLECTION
Yard, junk, and tree waste collections will be suspended until further notice due to the need of extra personnel for debris collection related to disaster recovery.
For more information, visit www.HoustonSolidWaste.org or call 3-1-1
Facebook: www.facebook.com/houstonsolidwaste, Twitter: @houstontrash
The Solid Waste Management Department provides solid waste service to the citizens of Houston through the collection, disposal and recycling of discarded material in a manner that is safe, efficient, environmentally sound and cost-effective.