Here are the highlights:
Most Important Issues
- Jobs/Economy – 28%
- Immigration – 43%
- Health Care/Medicaid – 17%
- Education/Schools – 22%
I’m voting in 2014 because…
- I wanted to support the Democratic candidate – 40%
- I wanted to support the Republican candidate – 16%
- I wanted to support and represent the Latino community – 34%
How important is the issue of immigration in your decision to vote, and who to vote for.
- Most important – 33%
- One of the most important – 36%
- Somewhat important – 17%
60% of Texas Latinos know someone who is undocumented, according to the poll.
Well, there you have it. By the looks of it, Republicans don’t have a shot at much of the Latino vote. But it is all about turnout today. So, go vote!
IN OTHER STATES
There are some states that were the cause for President Obama’s delay on executive action, such as North Carolina. In North Carolina, immigration was the most important issue for Latinos at 57%. 45% in Colorado. 57% in Georgia. Just food for thought as we await tonight’s results.